This Home Loan Calculator is a good starting point BUT all lenders have their own calculators and use different assumptions based on your circumstances. The amount you can borrow is likely to vary for each lender.
Key Finance has the calculators for each lender on our panel so we can provide you with more accurate calculations of how much you can borrow.
Factors which can affect how much you can borrow include:
- How long you have been employed
- Whether your income is from casual, part-time, or full-time income
- Whether your income is from a job, self-employment or investment
- Whether your income includes overtime and allowances (eg. car, shift, clothing)
- The age of your dependent children
- Expense items such as school fees,
- Whether you have investment properties
- Whether you are borrowing for a super fund property loan
How do you calculate your income for a Home Loan Calculator?
For more information about how your income is worked out for a Home Loan Calculator see: